Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Poor skin...the effects of painting my face daily.

So I'm breaking out, which is to be expected with all the makeup I've been doing. I usually don't wear makeup every day. Yes, I'm a makeup artist, but if I'm just going to the gym and hanging out with my son for the day, I'm not going to put makeup on my skin. So since I have been doing heavy makeup every day for the last week or so, my skin is paying for it now.


Fist I wanted to talk about how I remove my makeup. I start with face wipes. I personally love the Walmart brand! I've tried many different brands and these are my love at the moment.  And then I use coconut oil to get the rest off. I warm it up in my hands and rub it all over my face and it starts to loosen up the makeup and help it glide right off. I use the Sonoma Harvest Organics coconut oil, but I'm sure there are a lot of great ones.

quick side note: I LOVE coconut oil. I use it to remove my makeup, leave it on overnight for moisturizer, put it on the ends of my hair for a deep condition, and cook with it. LOVE!




 

 
                  




Then when my face is needing a little extra love, I use my favorite mask made by Lush called Mask of Magnaminty. The instructions say to leave it on for 5-10 minutes, but I leave it on for as long as I feel like it. Yesterday was about 30 minutes. And I am not kidding you when I say that I see a difference in my skin  as soon as I take it off! My skin looks more even and glowing and less irritated. Sure, I still have those annoying pimples, but they are less prominent and the mask just helps them to chill a bit.


 
 
 
 
 
So, this is my little routine. It's easy! What are your favorite products to use on your face? Please share!
 
 
Follow me on Instagram katielivingston1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment