Monday, September 15, 2014

brows brows brows...

 
Everyone's eyebrows are different, but they are so important! They frame the entire face. A bad set of brows can make someone look crazy. We've all seen them...the hairless brows that are just one thin line of eyeliner, the uni, the sperm brow, the McDonalds arches, etc. Ladies, don't over pluck your brows. Go to a professional if you feel lost.
 
 This is how I like to fill in my eyebrows at the moment. I really take my time when it comes to filling in my brows, because when I have a bad brow day it throws off my whole makeup look.
 
 
 
This is before any product has been applied to my eyebrows, so this is the natural shape. I just pluck the strays. I actually find plucking my eyebrows very relaxing so I pick those little strays out almost every morning. But if you hate plucking, or you don't know how, go see a pro and they can get you in and out in 10 min.
 
Products used for  doing my brows today were Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Auburn and Taupe, Anastasia BH concealer and clear brow gel. To apply the pomades I used a firm natural haired small angled brush, with a spoolie on the other end.
 

First I start at the arch and draw 2 lines, outlining the top and bottom of the tail with the color auburn.
 
Then I softly fill in-between the lines.
 

 
Then I make my way to the front of the brow. I make a line at the bottom, using the color taupe (same brush) and I flick my brush upward toward my forehead. I will even turn my brush vertically and make tiny strokes to fill in the front of the brow.

 
Throughout this whole time I use the spoolie end to blend out the product. This will give the most natural look. It will also blend the back of the brow with the front of the brow. If you mess up and get product where you don't want it, use the tip of the spoolie to scratch the product off. It should come right off.
blend blend blend...

 

Then with a synthetic concealer brush I use the tiniest bit of concealer and clean up the edges, Starting with underneath the brow and then using the leftover product to go on above the brow.




 
 
 
 
To set everything in place I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills (duh) clear brow gel. This stuff is incredible. But if you don't want to shell that kind of money out, I hear the Milani clear brow gel is great, or you can even spray some firm hold hairspray on a spoolie and brush though your brows to set them in place.
 

 
Here is what they look like finished. Nothing fancy, but I think they are a heck of a lot better than without anything on them. They tend to be a bit different every time I do them...kind of like signing my name. :)
 
PS this is my go-to eye shadow look. I don't do it every day but it's what a do when I'm not feeling super creative. Let me know if you want to see how I do it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment