Monday, September 22, 2014

Pallet review: Kat Von D Saint

I have had this pallet for a couple of years but just rediscovered it. I haven't been drawn to it lately for some reason, I think because there are a lot of shimmer colors and I am more drawn to matte shades. But as I was playing with it the other day I fell back in love with it. The color payoff is fantastic and all of the colors in the pallet are very wearable. I think it's a great pallet for doing bridal makeup (it's just missing  couple of shades) so I think I will be taking it with me on my future jobs.




The only matte color is Caravaggio and it's a cool toned dark brown. <3 and bookworm look matte, but they have just a touch of sparkle in the me. And the rest of the colors are very shimmery.


 
 I decided to play with it really quick and did a traditional bridal eye look. If you want to know how I did it, read on!

1. Use peach smoothie from Makeup geek (or a light matte brown shade) in the crease as a transition shade
2. put heavens in the inner corner and right underneath the eyebrow
3. blend enjoy the silence and downtown on the center part of the lid, making sure not to go too far into the crease.
4. with a small blending brush (I used MAC 217) take bookworm and Caravaggio on the outer triangle of the eyelid and slightly blend up into the crease.

It's a really easy look to accomplish, but I think it's a traditional beautiful eye look. You can buy it here.
 


Have a beautiful day!  Katie


beautybykatielivingston@gmail.com
Facebook: beauty by Katie Livingston
Instagram: katielivingston1

No comments:

Post a Comment