Saturday, September 20, 2014

Red-orange halo eyeshadow

So I wanted to try something a little different so I decided to do a "halo" eye shadow look. If you don't know what that is, it's when you place the darker shades on the inner and outer corners of the lid and a lighter color in the center of the lid.

First you want to prime your eyes, as always. I used Urban Decay eyeshadow primer in Eden.


Then I started with Peach Smoothie from Makeup Geek on a fluffy crease brush (Sigma E40) and blended it in my crease. I also took Vanilla Bean and highlighted my brow bone with it.

As you can see it isn't very noticeable, but it sure helps with blending out your other colors and adding depth to the eye.
 
 
 
 
Next I took a smaller blending brush (Sigma E25) and a warm toned matte brown shadow (I used Makeup Geek's Cocoa Bear) and deepened up the color in my crease. Make sure to blend blend blend.

 
Now for the color! I used MAC Red Brick and a small shader brush and packed that color on the inner and outer corner. I then took a clean blending brush and diffused that color up into the crease. You could do this with any color. I chose red/orange because I am obsessed with warm matte colors...and I was inspired by Samantha Ravndahl who did an orange halo look recently.

 

Then to give even more depth, I went in with more cocoa bear and packed that on a bit more heavily on the outer corner.
...you guessed it, blend it out.

Next I put a light shimmery color on the very center of the eye. I used Marylou Manizer from the Balm. I usually use this for a cheek highlight, but it works great for eyes too. I packed that on and then took the brush that I used for Red Brick and blended out the edges of the highlight.
I also added a gel wing liner

Then I took red brick on a pencil brush and took it on the lower lash line to smoke it out a bit. After that I took cocoa bear and packed that in a little tighter to the lower lash line. Add some mascara and you're good to go!
 
Have a great day!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment